Ubiquitination is a process in targeting proteins for degradation by the proteasome. Ubiquitin (Ub) is a 76 amino acid polypeptide which can be covalently attached to various cellular proteins by the ubiquitination process. This ubiquitin-proteasome system plays a vital role in cell division, growth, differentiation, transcriptional regulation, apoptosis and immunity etc. Three main types of enzymes are involved in the process of ubiquitination. In the ﬁrst step, activation of ubiquitin is carried out by ubiquitin-activating enzyme (E1) through an ATP-dependent reaction. In the second step, the activated ubiquitin is transferred from E1 to ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme (E2). In the final step, the ubiquitin protein ligase (E3) is required for labeling the ubiquitin to target substrate protein. An isopeptide bond is formed between the carboxyl terminus of ubiquitin and the ε-amino group of a lysine residue in the target protein.
Once the substrate protein is labeled, proteasome will bind to a polyubiquitin chain, allowing the degradation of the labeled protein. The polyubiquitinated target protein is then recognized and degraded by the 26S proteasome. Deubiquitinating enzymes (DUBs) reverse the process of ubiquitination by removing ubiquitin from its substrate protein. Dysregulation of the ubiquitin-proteasome system has been linked to cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular and neurodegenerative diseases etc.
- B8557 Rhosin hydrochlorideSummary: 有效和特异性的RhoA subfamily Rho GTPases抑制剂
- B6032 CB-5083Target: p97Summary: p97抑制剂
- B2151 STF-62247Target: AutophagySummary: 肾细胞自噬诱导剂
- A8172 Dihydroeponemycin1 CitationSummary: 蛋白酶体抑制剂，抗癌剂。
- C4090 HMB-Val-Ser-Leu-VESummary: 20S蛋白酶体的胰蛋白酶样活性抑制剂
- A8740 C598-0466Summary: USP7抑制剂
- C3250 Ubiquitin Isopeptidase Inhibitor ISummary: 泛素异肽酶抑制剂
- B6179 VPS34-IN1Summary: Vps34抑制剂
- B6174 MRT68921Summary: 双自噬激酶ULK1/2抑制剂
- B6160 PIK-III1 CitationSummary: VPS34抑制剂并抑制自噬