Endocrinology and Hormones
Endocrinology is the study of hormones, their receptors and intracellular signaling pathways, as well as the related diseases. The endocrine system functions can be broadly classified into several categories, including reproduction and sexual differentiation, development and growth, maintenance of the internal environment, and regulation of metabolism/nutrient supply.
There are three types of hormones based on their chemical composition: Amines (e.g. dopamine, adrenalin and noradrenalin); Steroids (e.g. estrogen, testosterone and glucocorticoids); Peptides (e.g. the peptide hormones insulin, ghrelin and vasopressin). Peptide hormones produced by secretory nervous tissue are known as neuropeptides. For example, thyroid hormone plays important parts in development, homeostasis and metabolism, while cortisol is essential for growth, nutrient supply and immune function. Moreover, the regulation of blood glucose involves several pancreatic peptide insulin and its counter regulatory hormone, glucagon, as well as cortisol, growth hormone and epinephrine.
Dysregulations in endocrine system are implicated in diseases such as Acromegaly, Cushing Syndrome, Diabetes, Dwarfism, Graves Disease, Hermaphroditism, Delayed and Precocious Puberty and Thyroid Diseases.
- B8544 PTP1B-IN-2Summary: 有效的选择性蛋白酪氨酸磷酸酶-1B (PTP1B) 抑制剂
- A1054 Angiotensin 1/2 (1-7) amideSummary: 血管收缩剂
- A1050 Angiotensin 1/2 (2-7)Summary: 血管收缩剂
- A1049 Angiotensin 1/2 (5-7)Summary: 血管收缩剂
- A1048 Angiotensin 1/2 (1-6)Summary: 血管收缩剂
- A1047 Angiotensin 1/2 (1-5)Summary: 血管收缩剂
- A1037 TRH Precursor PeptideSummary: 促甲状腺激素释放激素前体肽
- A1034 Acetyl Angiotensinogen (1-14), porcineSummary: 血管紧张素原前体
- A1025 a-MSH, amideSummary: 促黑素细胞激素
- A1019 Glucagon (19-29), humanSummary: 强效的Ca2+/Mg2+-ATPase抑制剂。