Thymidylate synthase (TS) is an enzyme catalyzing the sole de novo pathway for the biosynthesis of deoxythymidine monophosphate (dTMP) in which deoxyuridine monophosphate (dUMP) is reductively methylated by 5,10-methylenetetrahydrofolate (CH2H4folate) with the generation of dTMP and dihydrofolate (H2folate). TS has been found in a wide range of sources, including bacteria, bacteriophage, yeast, viruses and vertebrates, where it is usually a dimer consisting of identical subunits (30 to 35 kDa each). However, protozoal TS is a bifunctional protein with dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR) on the same polypeptide chain, where TS and DHFR domains are located on the carboxy terminus and amino terminus respectively.
- B5892 Nolatrexed (AG-337)Summary: 胸苷酸合成酶抑制剂
- B2092 DoxifluridineSummary: 抗肿瘤药5-氟尿嘧啶（5-FU）的口服前药
- A8542 Triflurdine (Viroptic)Summary: 抗疱疹病毒抗病毒药物
- A3707 Pemetrexed disodium hemipenta hydrateSummary: 抗叶酸和抗代谢剂
- A4390 Pemetrexed1 CitationTarget: Thymidylate Synthase|DHFR|GARFTSummary: TS、DHFR、GARFT和AICARFT抑制剂